INSIGHTS ON THE WORLD OF SWIMRUN
BY JOHANNA EDIN
her insights on the world of swimrun and sports
Insights on the world of swimrun
BY JOHANNA EDIN
1. What would be your advice to someone, like me, who has never done a swimrun race before but is considering it?
2. What, to you, is the biggest strongpoint of swimrun as a sport? What is the biggest challenge?
The biggest challenge is to get people from other endurance sports and people that just need a new challenge or hobby to discover swimrun.
3. What's been your relationship with sports in your lifetime, do you have a sports background?
4. How do you stay active in your day-to-day life?
5. As a company, INCroatia works with a lot of incredible and inspiring women in sports, both as athletes and as part of the organization and logistics of sports events. You work closely with Michael [Lemmel] and Mats [Skott], who started Otillo, in race management. Do you feel any differences between yourself as a woman in the world of sports event organization and your male colleagues?
I notice that some people treat me differently within the areas of race management that are typical male areas. Like course planning, marking and logistic planning for example. I never experience it when it comes to handling volunteers, entries or accommodation.
6. How does it affect you?
7. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of when it comes to your work at Ötillö?
There are keynote speakers and then there are Keynote Speakers. The former come from the background of talking; the latter come from the background of getting the job done.
Without a shadow of a doubt, Alan Stein Jr. falls into the latter category. As one of America’s top basketball performance coaches, Alan spent more than 15 years working with the highest-performing basketball players on the planet (you don’t need to be a basketball buff to recognize some faces on that photo). He now teaches world-wide audiences how to utilize the same strategies in business that elite athletes use to perform at a world-class level.
Alan is regularly asked to speak at events and conferences around the globe. To learn more about Alan and include him into your next event, visit www.AlanSteinJr.com
Alan also recently authored a book, Raise Your Game, which is a rarely practical guide to implementing superstar performance strategies as a part of your business. All about the book at www.RaiseYourGameBook.com